The 16 Weeks Challenge – Simple & Effective
Everyone needs a strategic plan. Strategic changes come in many ways from a start-up to MNC companies. As a business owner or individual, you need to understand the barriers that prevent planning from being implemented successfully. “Getting it right is the challenge”
This article helps your team to do something beyond their regular activities. We are so overwhelmed with the tasks, projects, priorities on-hand that “doing something beyond” is like burning the candle at both ends. Not to ignore the time spent on dashboards, reports, scoreboards, meetings. More time is spent on reporting & tracking than actually doing the work!
Here, we will explore a very simple YET effective solution that we all can use for anything – Personal priorities, team priorities, or organizational priorities. This 16 Weeks Challenge – A simple & effective method to achieve exponential results and helps you become more productive.
Steps to follow to get Extraordinary & Exponential results:
- Get your team in a room with single side sheets & some felt pens of different colors.
- Give them context – Why are we doing this, how they’ll benefit & where the team would go.
- Set the constraints. Constraints are very important, they are like the cricket pitch. The constraints cannot be a part of your daily/regular tasks & shouldn’t have a dependency on external teams.
- Ask them to write down 1 task per week. You’ll get 16 tasks. If there are more, ask them to prioritize the top 16.
- Every week have an “Achiever’s Meet” for about 20-25 mins. In this meeting all state what task they have achieved & what’s the plan for the next week.
This is the cadence of encouragement & responsibility. If you are a very lovable boss, maybe once every 4 weeks this can happen. This can be done not only in a team setting but also apply this individually.
A quick example for the Individual 16 Week challenge:
Goal: Career Advancement
- Establish Trust with the Current Leadership Team
- Learn New Skills qualifying me to become Head of HR in the current organization
- Grow my professional network & brand.
For the 1st 16 Week challenge, The 1st week could be to “Undertake research on futuristic HR Practices to support organizational growth” 2nd week could be “Do my SWOT Analysis and discuss with my leader” 3rd week could be “A Presentation on People Cost Analysis”. Most of the time your presentation will be archived but you will achieve the trust of your leaders, which is one of your priorities.
“Stop Thinking & Start Doing” – You would have certainly advanced in your career or at least are in the line for growth.
Click here to download the handbook –> http://bit.ly/16-weeks_template_rmsipl
We hope it would have gained you some interesting insights. Watch it here!! Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our channel for future updates.
Let us discuss & you could connect with Akash Mahagaonkar on Linkedin.
For meaningful discussions, follow our LinkedIn Page:
Should you have any questions/queries, please start a discussion below. Glad to help!